Graduate Forms

  • Current Students may access additional program materials below.
  • If you are a Returning Student but have not enrolled in credited courses within the last year, please Update Your Program.
  • If you are a graduate special, certificate, or licensure seeking student, you are not required to complete the following items. Should you wish to determine if the courses you have completed could be used in a master’s degree, contact the School of Graduate Studies on how to make that happen!

Required forms for degree seeking graduate students:

Now that you have gone through the application process, have been accepted into a specific master’s program, and have successfully completed 13-16 graduate credits, there are additional steps you need to complete on your way to graduation.

Form 2: Application for Admission to Candidacy

All students must complete the Admission to Candidacy Form to verify their qualifications for the master’s degree and to set forth those courses to be included in the program of study (do not confuse this form with certificate or licensure form requirements).

Form 6: Graduate Petition

Form 6 is for the purpose of making changes to your approved candidacy (Form 2) such as substitutions, transfer credits, time extension, etc.

To access Forms 3, 4, and 5 for your designated degree, please go to:

Master of Arts (MA)/Master of Science (MS) Track (Biology, English, Environmental Studies, Education, Elem/Middle Level Math, Mathematics)

Applied Master’s Track (Master of Arts in Teaching, Master in Special Education, Master in Business Administration, Master in Education)

If you are unsure as to which track you are on, please contact the School of Graduate Studies; please include your full name and student ID# in the subject line.

Human Subjects Research

If you plan to use human subjects in your research paper or thesis, you are required to secure PRIOR approval by your advisor and the Human Subjects Committee.

Competency Requirement

Each master’s program requires graduating students to demonstrate competency in a specific area. The department/program determines the appropriate competency options and requirements.

Written Examination

In order to complete the Application for Graduation, candidates must identify the dates on which they intend to take or have taken the written examination. The written examination is a separate requirement from the oral examination.

Thesis/Research Paper/Final Project ‎

Depending on your department or program, you may have the option of completing a thesis, research paper, or final project/course.  Make sure to discuss your options with your advisor.

Other Forms
  • Advisor Change
  • Arranged Course Request
  • Name Change
  • Transcript Request
  • Residence Classification Request
  • F-1 Reduced Course Load Certification (for international students only)

Visit the Records and Registration website for these and other forms and information.