Licensure Walkthrough Presentation
BSU’s Licensure Certification Officers provided three licensing webinars in November. Download the Fall 2023 License Application Walkthrough PowerPoint Presentation
The Minnesota State Legislature recently eliminated the MTLE (Minnesota Teacher Licensing Exams) basic skills, pedagogy, and content exams for Tier 3 or 4 licenses for candidates who successfully complete a Minnesota teacher licensure program.
Successful completion of a BSU teacher licensure program includes:
- Completing all required coursework
- Completing all required field experience
- Passing student teaching (initial licensure candidates only) or practicum (add-on licensure candidates only)
- Including completing the edTPA (initial licensure candidates only)
If you are now eligible for a Minnesota Tier 3 or 4 license, please complete BSU’s Request Licensure Documentation Form.
- If you have completed a licensure program and you are ready to apply for a Tier 2, 3, or 4 teaching license, visit the Application Process page.
- If you are currently enrolled in a licensure program and need an Enrollment Verification Letter or Section 9: Verification of Meaningful Progress, visit the Enrollment Verification page.
- If you need help determining which Tier you qualify for, visit the Tiered Licensure page.
- PELSB’s Online Application System
- Initial license only
- You still need to mail in some paper pieces
- Use the navigation buttons within the application system (not the browser) – if you accidentally use the browser navigation try clearing your browser’s cookies (it may take an hour before you can log back in)
- If you are inactive for 30 minutes, the system will log you out but you should be able to log back in right away
- PELSB’s Paper Application
- If you already have a license or MN File Folder Number with PELSB
- PELSB’s License Lookup
- Check the status of your license application