LOGGING IN TO SL&L
- SL&L Login Page
- Account login information will be emailed to you by Watermark as soon as the Office of Teacher Education enters the placement information in SL&L. This email will contain a link that will allow you to log in directly to SL&L.
- If you do not receive an email from Watermark, but an account has been created for you, you can still log in using the SL&L link above (sometimes school IT settings block outside emails and require human sender-based responses in order for the email to be delivered to your inbox).
- Go to the SL&L login page.
- Select “Forgot Password,” enter your email address, and select the “Send Link” button. After selecting the “Send Link” button, you should see a confirmation message stating that the link was sent. If you do not see this message, try selecting the “Send Link” button again. You will then receive an email from Watermark to set up your password and access the system.
- If you do not receive a “Password Reset” email, it may be that an account has not yet been created for you (i.e., we have not received placement information from the student). Please contact Erika Adams so that she can double-check your account status: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If Erika has already told you that you are in the system and/or active (e.g., you have gotten an email from Erika), please call Watermark at the telephone number below and have them manually reset your password. Unfortunately, Erika does not have control over the password reset process.
- For step-by-step information on how to log in, please watch the short video guide: Logging in to SL&L- Cooperating/Mentor Teachers: Video Guide (1:14)
APPROVING FIELD HOURS
- Students should be submitting field hours for mentor teacher approval each day they complete hours. We recommend that mentors log in to the system once a week to approve these hours.
- All hours must be approved/rejected by the end of the semester. Any hours that are still pending at the time grades are submitted will result in the student receiving an “I” (incomplete) grade for their field experience course. If the student is receiving financial aid, their aid payments may be frozen until their grade is updated.
- Students should separate their hours by day. For example, if a student enters 20 hours in one day, this should be rejected and the student should be asked to re-do their log.
- For more information on how to approve field experience hours, please watch the short video guide: Approving Field Experience Hours: Video Guide (2:09)
COMPLETING DISPOSITION FORMS
- Disposition Forms should be completed towards the end of the candidate’s field experience in your classroom.
- The rubric will include four criteria: Dedication/Responsibility, Compassion, Curiosity, and Integrity. Please note that you may need to scroll down within the rubric itself to view the last two criteria.
- For more information on how to complete disposition forms, please watch the short video guide: Disposition Form: Video Guide (3:19)
Tip: You may see a Key Assessment submission area within SL&L. This is a Key Assessment that the student submits for evaluation by their course instructor. You can ignore this submission area completely.
Contact Information for SL&L Assistance
Watermark Customer Service
- Phone: (800) 311-5656
Follow the menu prompts to be transferred to SL&L support.
Hours: Monday-Thursday 7am-8pm and Friday 7am-6pm (Central)
Dr. Erika Adams
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (218) 755-4615