Logging in to SL&L
- SL&L Login Page
- Account login information will be emailed to you by Watermark as soon as the Office of Teacher Education creates your account in SL&L. This email will contain a link that will allow you to log in directly to SL&L.
- If you do not receive an email from Watermark, but an account has been created for you, you can still log in using the SL&L link above.
- Go to the SL&L login page.
- Select “Forgot Password,” enter your email address, and select the “Send Link” button. After selecting the “Send Link” button, you should see a confirmation message stating that the link was sent. If you do not see this message, try selecting the “Send Link” button again. You will then receive an email from Watermark to set up your password and access the system.
- If you do not get the Watermark “Password Reset” email after a couple of attempts and Erika has already notified you that your account has been created, please call Watermark at the telephone number below and have them manually reset your password. Unfortunately, BSU does not have control over the password reset process.
- If you do not receive a “Password Reset” email and have no idea if an account has been created for you, please contact Erika Adams so that she can double-check your account status: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For step-by-step information on how to log in, please watch the short video guide: Logging in to SL&L: Video Guide (0:55)
Field Experience Hours
- At the end of each semester, please review the field experience logs associated with your course(s) to ensure that the total number of required hours were completed and approved for each candidate before you release grades. If a candidate’s hours are incomplete or are still pending approval by their mentor, the candidate should receive an incomplete (I) grade and be contacted immediately to rectify their log. Please note that the presence of an incomplete grade in a candidate’s record for an extended period of time can have dire consequences for their financial aid status, among other things.
- For more information on how to review field experience hours, please watch the short video guide:Reviewing Field Experience Hours in SL&L: Video Guide (2:31)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
- Who may approve hours? Only the mentor teacher may approve or reject teacher candidates’ hours. If these are accidentally approved by a BSU faculty member, the hours in question will have to be rejected, re-entered by the candidate, and approved by the mentor.
- How to help mentors or candidates “fix” incorrect mentor-approved log entries? Once log entries have been approved, they are effectively locked down and cannot be modified (only deleted). The only way to resolve this situation is to have: (1) the mentor reject the hours (the candidate cannot see the “reject” option, but the mentor can), (2) the candidate recreate the log entry (or entries), and (3) the mentor must re-approve the now-correct hour(s).
- Why don’t all of the candidates in my field experience class appear in my STUDENT LOGS list? If candidates appear elsewhere in SL&L, but are not listed in your STUDENT LOGS (tab) for a field experience course, it is because the candidate has not created any field log entries. As soon as a candidate creates a log entry, the candidate’s name will appear in the STUDENT LOGS list.
For step-by-step information on how to complete candidates’ key assessments, please watch the short video guide:
Contact Information for SL&L Assistance
Watermark Customer Service
- Phone: (800) 311-5656
Follow the menu prompts to be transferred to SL&L support.
Hours: Monday-Thursday 7am-8pm and Friday 7am-6pm (Central)
Erika Adams, PhD
Assessment Research Analyst
Office of Teacher Education
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (218) 755-4615