Boozhoo Future Student!
What kind of student are you?
- New Student: If you have never attended College, or are a recent high school graduate you would be a New Student!
- Transfer Student: If you have attend a Tribal College, Technical College, other College, or University, BUT NOT BSU, you will be a Transfer Student! Be ready to supply all transcripts to Admissions.
- Returning Student:If you have attended BSU in the past, you would be a Returning Student!
- Transfer–Re-Entry: If you have attended BSU in the past, but have attended other Colleges or Universities you are a Transfer–Re-Entry! Be ready to supply all transcripts to Admissions.
- Graduate Students are students that have a Bachelor’s degree and are looking for Masters programs or certificates.
Below is a list of things that students must complete besides your admission to BSU, and some helpful tips for each action.
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) – https://fafsa.ed.gov/
- You will need your (or your parents) most recent Tax Return.
- Keep all passwords and usernames with your important documents like Social Security card.
- You need to fill this out every single year you attend school.
- Stating that you/your parent/your guardian have zero income will raise more red flags and will NOT give you your biggest aid package. Be honest to the best of your knowledge.
- For more information or help on the FAFSA, visit financial aid.
Minnesota Indian Scholarship Program – http://www.ohe.state.mn.us/pdf/MISPApp18-19.pdf
- July 1 deadline
- You must be accepted and registered for classes to complete the application.
Scholarship through your Tribe – https://www.bemidjistate.edu/airc/student-resources/scholarships/
- Some tribes wait until you have received aid from other organizations.
- Some tribes want a list of classes you are registered for.
- Some tribes require you to send in your grades after they have been posted or before a certain deadline to remain eligible for the next year.
- Make sure to communicate with someone in your Tribal Scholarship office for details.
Check in with BSU Admissions early to be best prepared for the start of the semester.