All first year freshmen and unmarried, undergraduate international students are required to live on campus. Learn how to apply below. The policy on the Residential Living Requirement can be found here.
Guaranteed Housing Deadline: August 1
The online application for fall will close on August 17. If you wish to apply for fall housing after August 17, you must do so in person at the Housing & Residential Life office.
Complete Your Application
1. Log in to MyBSU
- You can log in to the MyBSU portal from the link in the top of any Bemidji State web page. You will use your StarID credentials to log in. Please note that you will not be able to apply for housing until you have been accepted to BSU by the Admissions Office.
- When logging in, your user name should be in the following format: StarID@live.bemidjistate.edu
- For assistance with either your StarID or StarID password, click on “Forgot Password?” to the right of the log in boxes.
2. Once logged in to MyBSU, click on E-Services.
- The link for E-Services will be located just below your name.
3. Once in e-Services, click on Housing and Dining from the menu on the left side of the page.
4. Under “Your Selections,” click on “Apply for Housing” for the correct academic year.
- There might be two academic year applications available at the same time. Be sure to apply for the correct one!
5. Select your room and roommate preferences.
- All first year freshmen are required to live on campus and participate in the FYRE program. If you do not select FYRE floors as your preferences, one will be assigned to you. Only the double room type is available to first year students.
- You’ll be able to rank your hall and floor selections in order of preference. We make every effort to accommodate student preferences, but cannot guarantee that we’ll meet your requests. Complete your application early for a better chance at your top choices.
6. Verify that you have read and accepted the Terms of Agreement.
- If you are under 18 at the time of application, you’ll need to print the Terms for the appropriate year you are applying, which both you and your parent/guardian must sign. Then submit the form to our office.
7. Submit a $150 prepayment along with your contract.
- Once we receive your prepayment, we can assign you a room and apply the $150 toward your first semester payment.
8. Select a meal plan.
- All first year students are required to have a meal plan. If you do not select a plan, we will assign one to you prior to the start of the contract.
9. Watch your BSU email/mail box for updates from the Housing & Residential Life office.
- Your room assignment will be viewable through E-Services in mid-June and roommate contact information will be viewable through E-Services in mid-July.
All upperclass students are highly encouraged to live with us again!
If you are interested in learning more about our returning student room and meal plan selection, please contact our office.