New to BSU or distance learning? Follow these steps for success:
1. Apply for admission – it’s free!
Distance students must apply for admission to Bemidji State University using the same process and forms as our on-campus students:
- Undergraduates: Apply online as an undergraduate.
- Graduate Students: Apply online through the School of Graduate Studies.
2. Transfer credit evaluation
Your previous college/university credits will be evaluated for transfer after we receive your official transcripts. The BSU transfer team can download transcripts from Minnesota State schools electronically. If your transcripts are from outside of the Minnesota State system (including the University of Minnesota), please contact that college or university to request an official copy of your transcript be sent to the Office of Admissions at BSU (See the Sending Transcripts page). Your transfer evaluation will be completed within 3 weeks after your admission to BSU. We will notify you by email when it is complete.
3. Apply for financial aid and scholarships
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
- Apply for special scholarships for distance learners.
- Check with your major department to learn about other scholarship opportunities.
4. Register for classes
- Review registration guidelines and policies.
- Register through E-Services at MyBSU or contact Extended Learning for assistance.
- Learn more about your E-Services account and the registration process at Registration FAQs.
5. Verify computer requirements
6. Purchase course materials
- Find required texts for your courses at the University Bookstore.
- You may order your textbooks online and your order will be shipped to you.
- You may charge BSU Bookstore purchases to your student account.
7. Ask questions
Contact Extended Learning at:
- (800) 852-7422
- (218) 755-2068
Contact the School of Graduate Studies at:
- (888) 386-8464
- (218) 755-2027
Take advantage of the many student services offered at Bemidji State University.