Get enrolled today. We’ll walk you through the steps.
1. Apply for admission
Distance students must apply for admission to Bemidji State University using the same process and forms as our traditional students:
- Undergraduates: Apply online as an undergraduate.
- Graduate Students: Apply online through the School of Graduate Studies.
2. Transfer credit evaluation
Your earned credits will be evaluated for transfer after we receive your transcripts from previously-attended colleges and universities. The BSU transfer team can download transcripts from Minnesota State schools electronically. If your transcripts are from outside of the Minnesota State system (including the University of Minnesota), please contact that college or university to request an official copy of your transcript be sent to the Office of Admissions at BSU (See the Sending Transcripts page). Your transfer evaluation will be emailed to you about 2-3 weeks after your last transcript arrives at BSU.
3. Apply for financial aid and scholarships
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
- Apply for special scholarships for distance learners.
- Check with your department to learn about other scholarship opportunities.
4. Register for classes
- Review registration guidelines and policies.
- Register through E-Services at MyBSU or contact Extended Learning for assistance.
- For questions, including information about how to log in to your E-Services account, review Registration FAQs.
5. Verify computer requirements
6. Purchase course materials
- Find required texts for your courses at the University Bookstore.
- You can order your textbooks online and your order will be shipped to you.
7. Ask questions
Contact Extended Learning at:
- (800) 852-7422
- (218) 755-2068
Contact the School of Graduate Studies at:
- (888) 386-8464
- (218) 755-2027
Take advantage of the many student services offered at Bemidji State University.