Love BSU, but don’t live nearby? Become part of the BSU family through our online and distance programs.
Students applying for an online undergraduate degree or certificate program apply for admission using the same process as our on-campus undergraduate students.
Special program admission procedures (after being admitted to BSU)
- Elementary Education BS “DLiTE” admission procedure
- RN-to-BS Nursing admission procedure
- Social Work BSW hybrid program “SWIM” admission procedure
Tips for a successful application
When completing your application for BSU admission:
- Please choose the major that you are most likely to complete, as that will produce the most accurate transfer credit evaluation. Do not leave the major field blank, if possible.
- The “online” delivery method is for completely online program options, but also includes Elementary Education (DLiTE) and hybrid Social Work (SWIM).
- The “off site” delivery method is for the Biology BS or BA program with BSU courses offered at North Hennepin Community College.
Not seeking a degree, but need an online class or classes?
You can apply online as a non-degree seeking student, and register for classes as soon as your application is processed (Graduate non-degree seeking applicants go here). Prerequisites and other course restrictions apply. FAFSA-based financial aid is not available under this option. Application processing is usually completed within a few days. Follow the undergraduate online application instructions and select the following as you complete the application:
|In Application Section 6 “Major”:
Already enrolled at another Minnesota State school?
If you are already enrolled at another Minnesota State college or university, you may be eligible to take certain online courses through Bemidji State University as a “visiting student”, without having to apply to BSU. Financial aid and transferability should be considered. Please contact Extended Learning for details.
If you plan to take online courses at the graduate level, please apply through the School of Graduate Studies. Follow the application instructions for graduate students.