All first year freshmen and unmarried, undergraduate international students are required to live on campus. Learn how to apply below. The policy on the Residential Living Requirement can be found here.
Gender Inclusive Housing:
New and Returning Students: New for 2018-2019, students will be able to choose both a room and potential roommates, including LGBTQIA-friendly roommates. Look for this process to be available soon!
Returning Students: Gender inclusive housing is available for returning residents in our three and four-bedroom University Heights Apartments. Birch Hall has gender inclusive floor bathrooms with private shower and toilet rooms. Oak Hall has limited single room with private bathrooms.
Housing & Residential Life will recognize and respect the gender identity and expression the student has established with our department. In order to provide support for the needs of current and incoming transgender students, we invite you to contact us with any questions or concerns so we may help you meet your needs.
Guaranteed Housing Deadline: August 1
The online application for fall will close on August 23. If you wish to apply for fall housing after August 23, you must do so in person at the Housing & Residential Life office.
Complete Your Application
1. Log in to MyBSU
- You can log in to the MyBSU portal from the link in the top of any Bemidji State web page. You will use your StarID credentials to log in. Please note that you will not be able to apply for housing until you have been accepted to BSU by the Admissions Office.
- When logging in, your user name should be in the following format: StarID@live.bemidjistate.edu
- For assistance with either your StarID or StarID password, click on “Forgot Password?” to the right of the log in boxes.
2. Once logged in to MyBSU, click on E-Services.
- The link for E-Services will be located just below your name.
3. Once in e-Services, click on Housing and Dining from the menu on the left side of the page.
4. Select the 2018-19 Housing Application.
- There might be two academic year applications available at the same time. Be sure to apply for the correct one!
5. Select your room preferences and answer the lifestyle profile questions.
- All first year freshmen are required to live on campus and participate in the FYRE program. If you do not select FYRE floors as your preferences, one will be assigned to you. Only the double room type is available to first year students.
- You’ll be able to rank your hall and floor selections in order of preference. Mid-June, all first-year and transfer students will be notified that they can re-enter their application to select rooms and roommates. Your application will need to be complete in order to do this.
6. Verify that you have read and accepted the Terms of Agreement.
- If you are under 18 at the time of application, you’ll need to print the Terms for the appropriate year you are applying, which both you and your parent/guardian must sign. Then submit the form to our office.
- 2018-19 Terms of Agreement
7. Submit a $150 prepayment along with your contract.
- The $150 prepayment is applied directly toward your first semester payment.
8. Select a meal plan.
- All first year students are required to have a meal plan. If you do not select a plan, we will assign one to you prior to the start of the contract.
9. Watch your BSU email/mail box for updates from the Housing & Residential Life office.
All upperclass students are highly encouraged to live with us again!
If you are interested in learning more about our returning student room and meal plan selection, please contact our office.