Where North Woods Becomes Your Everyday Life
Birch Hall is the cozy place to go, bringing you warm furnishings, colors and a true Northern feel to your college experience.
Location, Location, Location
Birch is the closest residence hall to the academic buildings and allows residents to take the tunnels to classes without needing to go outside even for a minute!
- Wings: 2 Wings (A & B Wing)
- Floors: 3 Floors + Basement
- Communities: Birch Hall houses upperclass students (i.e. sophomores to graduate students) and is part of the Community, Academics, & Networking (CAN) Program. Each floor community is co-ed.
- Bathrooms: Each floor has gender neutral community bathrooms located halfway down the floor. Each toilet and shower stall is in its own room with a lockable door.
- Kitchens: Each floor has a community kitchen located between A & B Wing.
- Laundry: The Birch Hall Laundry Room is located in the basement of under the Lobby. Residents use their Birch Hall room keys to access the Laundry Room. Laundry is free and is connected through LaundryView.com. Residents need to provide their own high efficiency laundry detergent.
- Lobby & Lounges: The Birch Hall 1st Floor Lobby contains couches, chairs, pool table, and a printer/copier. The Birch Hall Front Desk is located in the 1st Floor Lobby and residence can check-out items such as vacuums, carts, games, cooking supplies, etc. Each floor has its own lounge that connects the floors between A & B Wing. The floor lounges have TVs, couches, tables and chairs.
- Mail & Packages: Each room has their own mailbox located next to the Birch Hall Front Desk. If items are too large to fit into the mailbox, residents can pick up their packages at the Birch Hall Front Desk. Residents will receive an email to their BSU student email address when a package has arrived and ready to be picked up.
- Rooms: Each room has a movable desk, dresser, desk chair, and twin extra-long bed with mattress.
- Outdoor Spaces: Birch is across the street from Diamond Point Park, the American Indian Resource Center (AIRC), and the Chet Anderson Stadium. Also, Birch has an outdoor gathering space with grills and bike racks.
- Wi-Fi & Internet: Each room has its own wireless access point where residents can either connect their device with an Ethernet cord or through the Wi-Fi.