All first-year freshmen and unmarried, undergraduate international students are required to live on campus. Learn how to apply below. The policy on the Residential Living Requirement can be found here.
Gender Inclusive Housing:
New and Returning Students: For the 2021-2022 school year, students will be able to choose both a room and potential roommates, including LGBTQIA-friendly roommates.
Returning Students: Gender inclusive housing is available for returning residents in our three and four-bedroom University Heights Apartments. Birch Hall has gender inclusive floor bathrooms with private shower and toilet rooms. Oak Hall has limited single rooms with private bathrooms.
Housing & Residential Life will recognize and respect the gender identity and expression the student has established with our department. In order to provide support for the needs of current and incoming transgender students, we invite you to contact us with any questions or concerns so we may help you meet your needs.
Guaranteed Housing Deadline: August 1
The housing application for Fall 2021 opened on October 1.
Complete Your Application
1. Log in to MyBSU
- You can log in to the MyBSU portal from the link in the top of any Bemidji State web page. You will use your StarID credentials to log in. Please note that you will not be able to apply for housing until you have been accepted to BSU by the Admissions Office.
- When logging in, your user name should be in the following format: StarID@live.bemidjistate.edu
- For assistance with either your StarID or StarID password, click on “Forgot Password?” to the right of the log in boxes.
2. Once logged in to MyBSU, click on e-Services.
- The link for e-Services will be located just below your name.
3. Once in e-Services, click on Housing and Dining from the menu on the left side of the page. You will be taken to the StarRez housing portal.
- You may need to re-enter your StarID credentials. When entering your StarID, be sure not to include @live.bemidjistate.edu.
4. On the menu, select the appropriate Housing Application.
5. Select a Term. Residence Halls would include Birch, Linden, Oak, Pine, and Tamarack. University Heights Apartments has both a 10-month contract, which begins on August 1st and ends on May 31st of the following year and a 12-month contract, which begins on August 1st and ends on July 31st.
6. Complete all sections of the housing application including the Terms of Agreement and Prepayment sections.
- If you are under 18 at the time of application, you’ll need to print the Terms of Agreement for the appropriate year you are applying, which both you and your parent/guardian must sign. Then submit the form to our office.
- 2021-22 Terms of Agreement
- The $150 prepayment is applied directly toward your first semester costs.
- All first-year students are required to have a meal plan. If you do not select a plan, we will assign one to you prior to the start of the contract.
7. Watch your BSU email/mailbox for updates from the Housing & Residential Life office.
- February 1st – the Roommate Search page will be available in the housing application.
- In June, you will be notified to re-enter your housing application to select a room, bed loft preference and meal plan.
All upper-class students are highly encouraged to live with us again!
If you are interested in learning more about our returning student room and meal plan selection, please contact our office.