All first-year freshmen and unmarried, undergraduate International students are required to live on campus. Learn how to apply below. The policy on the Residential Living Requirement can be found here.
Guaranteed Housing Deadline: August 1
The housing application for Fall 2022 opened on October 1.
Complete Your Application
(Visual person? Click here for a quick video walk through of the application process.)
Have an application question? Call/email our office at 218-755-3750 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Log in to MyBSU
- You can log in to the MyBSU portal from the link in the top of any Bemidji State web page. You will use your StarID credentials to log in. Please note that you will not be able to apply for housing until you have been accepted to BSU by the Admissions Office.
- NTC/PSEO Students, please visit this page before applying.
- When logging in, your user name should be in the following format: StarID@live.bemidjistate.edu
- For assistance with either your StarID or StarID password, click on “Forgot Password?” to the right of the log in boxes
- You may also visit starid.minnstate.edu/help/ if you have trouble logging in to your MyBSU account.
2. Once logged in to MyBSU, click on e-Services.
- The link for e-Services will be located just below your name.
3. Once in e-Services, click on Housing and Dining from the menu on the left side of the page. You will be taken to the StarRez housing portal.
- You may need to re-enter your StarID credentials. When entering your StarID on this page, be sure NOT to include @live.bemidjistate.edu.
4. On the menu, select the appropriate Housing Application.
5. Select a Term. Residence Halls would include Birch, Linden, Oak, Pine, and Tamarack.
6. Complete all sections of the housing application including the Terms of Agreement and Prepayment sections.
- If you are under 18 at the time of application, you’ll need to print the Terms of Agreement for the appropriate year you are applying, which both you and your parent/guardian must sign. Then submit the form to our office.
- 2022-23 Terms of Agreement
- The $150 prepayment is applied directly toward your first semester costs.
- All first-year students are required to have a meal plan. If you do not select a plan, we will assign one to you prior to the start of the contract.
7. Watch your BSU email/mailbox for updates from the Housing & Residential Life office.
- February 1st – the Roommate Search page will be available in the housing application.
- In June, you will be notified to re-enter your housing application to select a room, bed loft preference and meal plan.
All upper-class students are highly encouraged to live with us again!
If you are interested in learning more about our returning student room and meal plan selection, please contact our office or visit our our Returning Resident page.