We’re more than a home. We’re a community.
Open your door to a floor filled with friends. Take a five-minute walk and you’re sitting in class. Out of shampoo? The Lodge store is open until 10:00 pm.
Above all, it’s the convenience. You’re a stone’s throw from every building on campus. You’ve got a study partner whenever you need one, and you never have to worry about an empty refrigerator. There is always something to do, and it’s all so close to you.
Life on the Bemidji State campus is community oriented from day one. You’ll live alongside people who are just like you, people who are completely different from you, and you’ll make friends with all of them. Right in the comfort of your own living room.
So take a look around. See what you think. And if you have any questions, just contact us.
The Department of Residential Life at Bemidji State University is committed to fostering safe, caring environments that encourage academic success, respect, personal growth and a sense of responsibility toward our community and global society.
- Partner with students and staff members to develop community expectations that encourage civility, respect for others and property, and individual rights and responsibilities.
- Support our students and the university mission by collaboratively working with other offices on campus.
- Provide an environment that is conducive to student learning and success.
- Develop learning opportunities that complement the academic mission of the university.
- Provide technology, programs, and facilities that support academic success.
- Provide resources and support for successful transition to and from the college experience.
- Support and challenge students to foster autonomy and personal growth.
- Encourage student awareness, understanding and appreciation of the diversity of individual backgrounds, beliefs, and ideas.
- Share responsibility with our residents for maintaining safe, clean, and comfortable facilities.
- Practice fiscal responsibility in managing facilities and resources.
- Serve as advocates for students and act as a resource.
- Provide staff with strategies for developing community and meeting the needs of students.
- Follow a comprehensive staff selection process that is international and fair and results in the hiring of outstanding staff.