Our exchange partner in Denmark is Aalborg University, located in the city of Aalborg.
Find out more on international student life at Aalborg University.
Watch this recorded live Webinar with staff from Aalborg University for more information.
To promote international friendship and world peace through stimulating intercultural activities and projects among students from USA and Denmark and to promote goodwill between the two institutions especially in the area of student exchange.
Selection of Students
BSU students wishing to attend Aalborg University as an exchange student must complete the application form and submit required items. The final admission decision will be determined by the appropriate official body at the receiving institution. Equivalency between courses and programs will be agreed upon in advance for each student for the purpose of awarding academic credit. All applications and dossiers will be sent to the receiving institution specifying a deadline for response.
Exchange students will be permitted to enroll in courses and programs at the host institution for which they are qualified with the exception of those courses in which places may not be available due to enrollment limitations. Acceptance into a particular program of study implies that the student will be permitted to enroll in all courses required in that program appropriate to the particular level of the student.
Visit AAU’s website for a list of programs taught in English.
Status of the Students
Students enrolled in the host institution will have the same privileges and enjoy the same student services, and other amenities as other full-time residence students. They will also be subject to the statutes, ordinances and regulations of the host institution as well as the local, state and federal laws of the region.
Each student will pay tuition and fees to her own institution as well as such ancillary charges that may be charged by that institution. Exchange students are subject to the same requirements admission and academic performance expectations as established by the host institution.
Refund of Fees
No refund of fees will be granted unless otherwise stated in official university documents, if the student is unable to complete his or her course.
Students will be responsible for their own travel arrangements and associated costs.
Each institution will arrange accommodations for visiting students. Students will be responsible for payment of accommodations. The universities will also provide meal option information. The student will be responsible for all food costs.
Credit at the home institution will be determined by the home institution dependent upon the grades received by the students at the host institution. Terms under which credit will be awarded will normally be provided to the exchange students prior to their enrollment.
- Each student must undertake in writing to comply with the regulations of the host institution and with the instructions given by his or her advisor/tutor.
- Each exchange student must make arrangements for health/hospitalization insurance while they are the host institution.
- Each student must possess passports and required visas for the period of exchange.
- Each student must demonstrate that he or she possesses sufficient financial resources to participate in the exchange.
- Both institutions shall exchange regularly their respective college bulletins and other information pertaining to course programs, fees, calendars and schedules.
- Each student shall provide an acceptable health affividat to the host institution designated official prior to admission to the university.
For general information about life in Aalborg please refer to the school’s Study Guide.
Bemidji State University
Deputy Hall 111