From the day you are admitted to the day you graduate from Bemidji State University, we will be here to help you make the most of your time and guide you every step of the way.
Use the links below to learn more about required forms and documents for international travel and student registration, as well as support services, offices and organizations on campus.
Welcome and Orientation
- International Student Welcome Packet
Welcome and congratulations! Make sure you review this first.
Orientation is mandatory for new international students.
Travel, Immigration and Visas
- Preparing for Travel
Information on obtaining your visa, traveling to Bemidji and what you’ll need when you arrive.
- Arrival Notification
Please notify us as soon as possible to confirm your attendance and inform us of your arrival information.
- Visiting Canada
Learn about what you need to prepare for a short visit/vacation in Canada on a student F-1 visa.
- Sevis Fee
All F-1 and J-1 visa applicants are required to pay this fee.
- I-20 and DS-2019 Mailing Options
Learn about ways you can have your time sensitive immigration documents express-mailed using UEMS.
- Visa Information
10 Points to Remember When Applying for a Non-Immigrant Visa
- Immigration Links
Important links to government sites with immigration information.
- Maintain F-1 Status
What you need to know to maintain your F1 status.
Health Insurance and Immunizations
- Health Insurance
Learn more about required health insurance for international students.
Information about BSU’s residence halls and housing options for international students.
Immunization requirements for enrollment.
Courses and Release of Information
- BSU Authorization to Release Information If you wish to authorize another person (relative/individual/organization) to have access to your BSU records, please complete (be sure to check one or more of the first nine options or the final one “All of the above”), sign, and return the form to our office. If you want the individual/organization copied on our email correspondence to you, please include their email address.
- Reduced Course Load
Learn about the limited but important exceptions to the “full course load of study” requirements.
Emergency Grant Application
- Maury Sullivan International Studies Grant
For international students experiencing significant unexpected financial constraints, including, but not limited to, medical bills, counseling services, transportation assistance, legal advice, etc. can apply for this one-time emergency grant.
Employment and Activities
Learn about working on campus or special circumstances that might allow you to work off campus.
- International Student Organization
Meet other students from across the world.
- Graduation Invitation Letters
As a courtesy, we will create an invitation letter for out-of-country guests you would like to invite to your commencement ceremony. Please email our office and we’ll send you the form for you to complete and submit.