Step 3: Transfer Credits

After your admission to BSU, we will quickly yet thoroughly evaluate your transfer credits and notify you of the outcome*. Your electronic degree audit report (DAR) will show how your credits/courses transfer into your BSU degree program.

When reviewing your transfer DAR, you may find that certain transfer courses do not have BSU equivalencies, and have transfered as general or technical electives. If you feel that you’ve taken BSU-equivalent courses elsewhere and want to use them in your major, please complete and submit a Transfer Equivalency Form to the BSU Records office, with the help of your faculty advisor. A BSU Transfer Advisor may also assist you with this process. Find additional transfer policy information here.

*Credit evaluations are completed for degree-seeking transfer students. First-year and non-degree seeking students may not have credits evaluated, or credits may be evaluated on a different timeline after admission. Please check with your admissions representative.

Types of Transferable Credit

BSU accepts all college-level course credits from regionally-accredited colleges and universities, as well as from the following sources:

There is no limit to the number of credits you may transfer, but all BSU degree programs require a minimum number of credits earned at BSU. Please see the BSU catalog for more information. Developmental and/or remedial credits (typically numbered lower than 100/1000) do not transfer.

Types of degrees you may already have to transfer

    • Associate of Arts (AA) – Designed to transfer into most bachelor’s degree programs. Includes Transfer Pathway AA.
    • Associate of Science (AS) – Designed for transfer into a specific four-year major and will likely require completing additional liberal education courses at BSU. Includes Transfer Pathway AS.
    • Associate of Fine Arts (AFA) – Designed for transfer into a specific four-year major and may require completing additional liberal education courses at BSU.
    • Associate of Applied Science (AAS) – Designed for training in a specific occupation. While some courses may transfer, the degree is not designed for transfer. Our Bachelor of Applied Science programs accept 30 or more credits from most technical AAS degrees.

Don’t have a degree to transfer?

No problem. If you have earned at least 24 credits from a regionally-accredited school and have a 2.0 cumulative GPA, you are likely eligible for admission to most of our BS, BA, or BAS degree-completion programs.