After you have been admitted to BSU, we will evaluate your transfer credits within 2-3 weeks. Your transfer degree audit report (DAR) will show how your credits/courses transfer into your BSU degree program.
When reviewing your transfer DAR, you may find that certain transfer courses do not have BSU equivalencies, and have fallen into general or technical electives. If you feel that you’ve taken equivalent courses elsewhere and want to use them in your major, you should complete and submit a Transfer Equivalency Form to the BSU Records office, with the help of your faculty program advisor. Transfer Advisor Chelsey Crotty can also assist with this process. Contact her at Chelsey.Crotty@bemidjistate.edu with questions.
Visit Transferology to find the classes that fall within the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum and possibly into your major.
Types of Transferable Credit
Transferable credits are accepted from regionally-accredited colleges and universities, as well as from the following sources:
- Military credits are evaluated using American Council on Education recommendations.
- Find your Joint Services Transcript (JST) here
- We accept most Advanced Placement (AP) and College Level Exam Program (CLEP).
- We accept many passing CLEP and DSST/DANTES exam scores for credit.
- Review our Credit for Prior Learning policy and procedure.
- Technical school credits will transfer up to 16 credits. Some programs allow for more technical credits to transfer (RN-BS Nursing, Applied Management, Applied Engineering, etc).
Developmental and/or remedial credits (typically numbered lower than 100/1000) do not transfer.