After you have been admitted to BSU, we will email you a transfer credit evaluation within 2-3 weeks. This will show how your credits/courses transfer into your BSU degree program.
If equivalencies are not listed for your courses in your intended major, you may complete and submit a Transfer Equivalency Form to the BSU Records office. Contact Transfer Advisor Chelsey Crotty at 218-755-2602 with questions.
Visit Transferology to find the classes that fall within the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum and possibly into your major.
Types of Transferable Credit
Transferable credits are accepted from regionally-accredited colleges and universities, as well as from the following sources:
- Military credits are evaluated using American Council on Education recommendations.
- Find your Joint Services Transcript (JST) here
- We accept most Advanced Placement (AP) and College Level Exam Program (CLEP).
- We accept many passing CLEP and DSST/DANTES exam scores for credit.
- Review our Credit for Prior Learning policy and procedure.
- Technical school credits will transfer up to 16 credits. Some programs allow for more technical credits to transfer (RN-BS Nursing, Applied Management, Applied Engineering, etc).
Developmental and/or remedial credits (typically numbered lower than 100/1000) do not transfer.