Our office, the International Program Center, works in conjunction with the BSU School of Graduate Studies for all international applicants who apply for admission to study in an on-campus graduate program. Our office deals specifically with the application documents needed for visa issuance. All other aspects of the application are handled by The School of Graduate Studies.
Under “Citizenship” on the application’s first page, be sure to select “International Visa Holder or Seeker.” Please do not include an international telephone number, as it delays processing.
Application Documents needed for Visa Issuance
All supporting documents may be scanned and submitted to our office via email. We reserve the right to request an original copy of documents, should the scanned copy not prove sufficient.
Along with your completed BSU Graduate Application, you must submit:
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Financial Affidavit, 2019-20 Cost Info and 2020-2021 Expense Sheet
- The form must show that the student has enough funding to cover the cost of the first year of study. This form must include the required signatures, supporting bank statements, affirmation of support or official letters.
- International students currently studying in the United States on an F-1 visa will need to complete an International Transfer Request Form
- International Agreement Form
- Please see The School of Graduate Studies pages for additional information and requirements specific to your intended program.
IMPORTANT: All application materials, including supporting documents (e.g. bank statements, transcripts) become the property of Bemidji State University and cannot be returned.