International students not currently studying in the U.S. on an F1 visa must submit their application and application documents by the following deadlines:
Fall Semester (late August – December): June 15th
Spring Semester (January – early May): November 1st
Submit only one application; when more than one (via online or paper) is submitted, it delays processing.
Under “Citizenship” on the application’s first page, be sure to select “International Visa Holder or Seeker.”
Do not include an international (or other) telephone number, as it delays processing.
The “Social Security” number is optional. Only include a social security number if one has been issued to you by the government of the United States. Otherwise, leave that blank, as it delays processing.
Apply by Email
Complete the fillable fields in the International Student Application, save a copy to your files, and email your completed application to email@example.com. NOTE: Information entered on this application cannot be saved using the Chrome browser; be sure to use IE or Firefox.
Along with your completed International Student application, you must submit the following documents. All supporting documents may be scanned and submitted to our office via email. We reserve the right to request an original copy of documents, should the scanned copy not prove sufficient.
- $20 application fee.
- Once you have submitted a complete application, you may pay your application fee with a credit card by telephoning the Cashier’s Office at 218.755.2045 (M-F, 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.). Or, you may mail a $20 check to our office, made payable to “Bemidji State University.”
- Original transcripts or officially certified copies of original transcripts from all previously attended institutions
- Please include all secondary/high schools, colleges, universities or technical schools you may have attended.
- If records are not in English, please include a certified translation.
- If you have attended a non-U.S. post-secondary institute, college or university that does not have a current articulation agreement with Bemidji State, you must have a course-by-course evaluation by a professional credit-evaluation agency who is NACES accredited.
- Proof of English Proficiency (if not applying for the English Language Center)
- Financial Affidavit 2018-2019
- The form must show that the student has enough funding to cover the cost of the first year of study. This form must include the required signatures, supporting bank statements, affirmation of support or official letters. Please see the general instructions on completing the Financial Affidavit Form.
- 300-500 word essay.
- In your own words, please describe your academic background, your educational goals at Bemidji State University and how those tie into your future goals. The purpose of this essay is not to impress us; we want it to be honest and allow us to get to know you.
- Signed International Student Agreement Form
- Copy of the Name/Identification page of your passport
- International students currently studying in the United States on an F-1 visa will need to complete an International Transfer Request Form.
Nigerian applicants ONLY: Submit proof of registration with EducationUSA. Students who work with EducationUSA are more likely to be successful in obtaining a student visa. PLEASE NOTE: Applications from Nigerian students WILL NOT be reviewed and status emails will not be answered until the EducationUSA registration confirmation is submitted. This requirement has been put in place to provide the best possible chance of success with the visa process.See this page at Education USA which lists the locations in Nigeria.
IMPORTANT: All application materials, including supporting documents (e.g. bank statements, transcripts) become the property of Bemidji State University and cannot be returned. Any documents submitted that are not specifically requested by Bemidji State will not be considered in the applications process.