- Application fee of $20.00
- Application (online or paper)
- Official transcript
- Proof of English proficiency
- An essay
- Financial documents
- International Agreement Form
- A copy of passport ID Page
- Transfer verification form & a copy of your I-20 or DS 2019 if you are currently in the F or J status in the U.S.
All international applications are processed on a rolling basis. Your application for admission and supporting credentials should be submitted as early as possible to allow us sufficient time to process your application and for you to obtain your visa and arrange for travel to the U.S.
All new international students are required to arrive in Bemidji one week before each term starts to participate in the mandatory new international student orientation. The BSU International Program Center conducts the orientation every spring and fall terms.
Submit only one application; submitting more than one (via online or paper) application delays processing.
Under “Citizenship” on the application’s first page, be sure to select “International Visa Holder or Seeker.”
The “Social Security” number is optional. Only include a social security number if one has been issued to you by the United States government. Otherwise, leave that blank, as it delays processing.
Apply by Email
Complete the fillable fields in the International Student Application, save a copy to your files, and email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org. NOTE: Information entered on this application cannot be saved using the Chrome browser; be sure to use IE or Firefox.
Along with your completed International Student application, you must submit the following documents. All supporting documents may be scanned and submitted to our office via email. We reserve the right to request an original copy of documents, should the scanned copy not prove sufficient.
- $20 application fee.
- Once you have submitted a complete application, you may pay your application fee with a credit card by telephoning the Cashier’s Office at 218.755.2045 (M-F, 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.). Or, you may mail a $20 check to our office, made payable to “Bemidji State University.” One more option: once the application fee appears on your account you may pay with a credit card by logging into your e-Service account, go to “Bills and Payment” and “Make a Payment.”
- Original transcripts or officially certified copies of original transcripts from all previously attended institutions
- Please include all secondary/high schools, colleges, universities or technical schools you may have attended.
- If records are not in English, please include a certified translation.
- If you have attended a non-U.S. post-secondary institute, college or university that does not have a current articulation agreement with Bemidji State, you must have a course-by-course evaluation by a professional credit-evaluation agency who is NACES accredited.
- Proof of English Proficiency (if not applying for the English Language Center)
- Financial Affidavit 2019-2020
- The form must show that the student has enough funding to cover the cost of the first year of study. This form must include the required signatures, supporting bank statements, affirmation of support or official letters. Please see the general instructions on completing the Financial Affidavit Form.
- 300-500 word essay.
- In your own words, please describe your academic background, your educational goals at Bemidji State University and how those tie into your future goals. The purpose of this essay is not to impress us; we want it to be honest and allow us to get to know you.
- Signed International Student Agreement Form
- Copy of the Name/Identification page of your passport
- International students currently studying in the United States on an F-1 visa will need to complete an International Transfer Request Form
IMPORTANT: All application materials, including supporting documents (e.g. bank statements, transcripts) become the property of Bemidji State University and cannot be returned. Any documents submitted that are not specifically requested by Bemidji State will not be considered in the applications process.