- Application fee of $20.00
- Application: online Application or Paper International Student Application (2021-22)
- Official transcript. International undergraduate applicants must have graduated from a secondary/high school with a “C” average or better. Transfer students must have a “C” average or better from any post-secondary schools attended.
- Proof of English proficiency
- Statement of Purpose
- International Agreement Form (Fillable)
- Authorization to Release Student Information Form (if applicable to you)
- Financial documents (Financial Affidavit and 2021-22 Cost Information)
- A copy of passport ID Name Page
- Transfer verification form & a copy of your I-20 or DS 2019 if you are currently in the F or J status in the U.S.
* Canadian students do not need an F-1 student visa but *do* need an I-20 to attend BSU as an international student.
If you have any questions, please feel welcome to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (218) 755-4096.
Applications from Nigerian students WILL NOT be reviewed and status emails will not be answered until the EducationUSA registration confirmation is submitted. This requirement has been put in place to provide the best possible chance of success with the visa process.
- In past years, fewer than 10% of applicants from Nigeria to BSU have been approved for F-1 visas. For this reason, we now require that all Nigerian applicants register and set up an appointment with an EducationUSA center in Nigeria.
- EducationUSA is an organization of non-profit advising centers that are supported and/or endorsed by the U.S. Department of State. Their purpose is to provide assistance to students who would like to study in the United States. Students who work with EducationUSA are more informed about the visa process and therefore more likely to be successful in obtaining a student visa.
You can send all your supporting documents via email to email@example.com. We reserve the right to request an original or official copy of the documents, should the scanned copy not prove sufficient.
Are you ready to submit your application now?
Submit only one application; submitting more than one (via online or paper) application delays processing. Under “Citizenship” on the application’s first page, be sure to select “International Visa Holder or Seeker.”
The “Social Security” number is optional. Only include a social security number if one has been issued to you by the United States government. Otherwise, leave that blank, as it delays processing.
Apply by Email
Complete the fillable fields in the International Student Application, save a copy to your files, and email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org. NOTE: Information entered on this application cannot be saved using the Chrome browser; be sure to use IE or Firefox.
All international applications are processed on a rolling basis. Your application for admission and supporting credentials should be submitted as early as possible to allow us sufficient time to process your application and for you to obtain your visa and arrange for travel to the U.S. All new international students are required to arrive in Bemidji one week before each term starts to participate in the mandatory new international student orientation. The BSU International Program Center conducts the orientation every spring and fall terms.
Along with your completed International Student Application, you must submit the following documents. All supporting documents may be scanned and submitted to our office via email at International@bemidjistate.edu. We reserve the right to request an original copy of documents, should the scanned copy not prove sufficient.
- $20 application fee.
- Once you have submitted a complete application, you may pay your application fee with a credit card by telephoning the Cashier’s Office at 218.755.2045 (M-F, 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.). Or, you may mail a $20 check to our office, made payable to “Bemidji State University.” One more option: once the application fee appears on your account you may pay with a credit card by logging into your e-Service account, go to “Bills and Payment” and “Make a Payment.”
- Original transcripts or officially certified copies of original transcripts from all previously attended institutions
- Please include all secondary/high schools, colleges, universities or technical schools you have attended.
- If records are not in English, include a certified translation.
- If you have attended a non-U.S. post-secondary institute, college or university that does not have a current articulation agreement with Bemidji State, you must have a course-by-course evaluation by a professional credit-evaluation agency who is NACES accredited.
- International undergraduate applicants must have graduated from a secondary/high school with a “C” average or better. Transfer students must have a “C” average or better from any post-secondary schools attended.
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Financial Affidavit, 2021-2022 Cost Information
- The form must show that the student has enough funding to cover the cost of the first year (two full semesters) of study. This form must include the required signatures, supporting bank statements, affirmation of support or official letters.
- Statement of Purpose.
- In your own words, please describe your academic background, your educational goals at Bemidji State University and how those tie into your future goals. The purpose of this writing is not to impress us; we want it to be honest and allow us to get to know you.
- Signed International Student Agreement Form
- Copy of the Name/Identification page of your passport
- Authorization to Release Student Information Form (only if you want to give permission to another person to have access to your application/admission records.)
- International Transfer Request Form International students currently studying in the United States on an F-1/J-1 visa will need to complete this form.
IMPORTANT: All application materials, including supporting documents (e.g. bank statements, transcripts) become the property of Bemidji State University and cannot be returned. Any documents submitted that are not specifically requested by Bemidji State will not be considered in the applications process.