Deferred Enrollment

If you’ve been accepted to Bemidji State University and plan to delay your start with us, please see information below.

Make sure you communicate with your Admissions Representative, or the Office of Admissions that you do not intend to enroll for your original start date.

Do You Need To Re-Apply?

Your original application is good for one year. For example, if you applied for fall of 2021, you can defer your start until fall 2022 without re-applying. This assumes that you are not attending any other institutions during the year of deferral.

If you’d like to defer for longer than one year, you will need to re-apply. Please go to the Apply Now page to select the new semester for which you’d like to apply, and submit a new application. You will not be charged an application fee for this new application. After you log in to the application, scroll to the bottom of the page and click the “Apply to Another Institution” button. This will allow you to apply again to BSU. It looks like this: Apply to another institution example

Submit Updated Transcripts

For first-year students: We will need to have a final transcript that reflects your successful graduation from high school on file. Please contact your high school to request a new transcript if you haven’t already submitted a final transcript.

For transfer students: Depending on when you last submitted a college transcript, we may need an updated college transcript from your most recent school that reflects your final grades. Minnesota State school transcripts are automatically updated, so no action is needed if you are transferring from a Minnesota State school. Contact our transfer advisors to check on your transcript status.

RSVP for Class Registration

Students will be registered on an ongoing basis through individual contact with an advisor. Information on this process and submitting a request to get registered can be found here.

Monitor your BSU Email

Students who deferred to a future semester will receive emails regarding housing, orientation, and start-up activities as information becomes available. Login to your MyBSU account for email access.

Financial Aid

Follow this link to contact financial aid or verify your financial aid status.

Contact Admissions

If you have questions or need assistance with any of these items, please contact your admissions representative for assistance.