This scholarship is for degree-seeking undergraduate F-1 international students* with outstanding academic records. The International Student Merit Award will be based on a review of the following:
- Academic records
- Your required admissions essay
There is a limited amount of funding available for this scholarship and awards will be based on a first-come basis. Scholarship awards are contingent upon attending the entire orientation program.
There is not a separate application for the International Student Merit Award. Students are automatically considered during the admission process as long as they submit their application and application documents by:
- June 15th for fall applicants
- November 1st for spring applicants
Up to a $500 tuition waiver
- $250/per semester during the first year for fall applicants who achieve a 2.0 GPA or greater their first semester at BSU
- $250 tuition waiver for spring applicants
*Students who are returning to BSU for a second degree are not eligible.