If you are going to host a party, follow these tips.
- Inform your neighbors in advance. Leave them a phone number to contact you if they have problems with your event.
- Monitor your noise levels – shut your windows, keep guests inside and remind guests to leave quietly
- Limit the number of guests by using “invitation only” for gathering. Nothing ruins a party quicker than an “uninvited jerk” or the police!
- DO NOT serve or allow consumption of alcohol by underage guests. There are severe criminal and civil penalties for being a “social host” for underage persons.
- Clean your house and property after gatherings.
- Know your lease – you may find yourself paying fines or looking for a new place to live if you are cited by the police.