Student Responsibilities

It is your responsibility to:

  • Read all directions thoroughly, complete all application forms accurately and comply with all applicable deadlines.
  • Provide any supplemental information or documentation requested.
  • Regularly monitor both your BSU e-Services and email account.
  • Report to the BSU Financial Aid Office the receipt of any private funding source, such as scholarships and third-party agencies.
  • Notify the Financial Aid Office of any change in your enrollment status.
  • Satisfactorily complete coursework attempted each term you receive financial aid.
  • Accept only financial aid funds for which you are eligible and use all funds received for educational expenses.
  • Know and comply with all requirements to remain eligible for financial aid; including compliance with the Satisfactory Academic Progress and Return of Federal Title IV Funds Policies.
  • Complete entrance loan counseling and complete the loan agreement for Subsidized/Unsubsidized Direct Loan (MPN) at
  • Notify the servicer of your student loans of any change in your mailing address.
  • Repay all student loans received as agreed, regardless of program completion.

Student Loan Code of Conduct

Bemidji State University values the integrity in the actions of its employees and expects them to comply with all applicable laws, regulations and University policies in performance of their duties according to the highest standards of honesty and integrity. The Student Loan Code of Conduct Policy applies to:

  1. All employees of the university who have responsibility with respect to education loans; and
  2. All employees of the university who are employed in the Financial Aid Office.

Name Change

To change your name, you will need to submit the following to the BSU Financial Aid Office:

  • Name Change Form
  • Copy of marriage license or other legal document such as divorce decree
  • Copy of social security card with your new legal name
  • Copy of Photo ID

Getting Married

If you are planning to get married this year, contact the Financial Aid Office for advice about when to submit your FAFSA.

Separation or Divorce

If you or your parents are experiencing a separation or divorce but filed a joint tax return, contact the Financial Aid Office to discuss your options.

Financial Hardship

If you (independent student) or your parents (dependent student) have experienced financial hardship since filing your income tax returns, contact the Financial Aid Office for assistance. Financial hardship may include unemployment, retirement, severance, marital status change or a death in the family.

Multiple Baccalaureate Degrees Earned At BSU

If you are working on multiple baccalaureate degrees at BSU at the same time and applying for financial aid, please contact the Financial Aid Office so you can be advised on your aid eligibility.

Forms & Policies

View all additional forms and policies.