At BSU we strive to keep your records secure and follow established procedures and policies in releasing your information.
We store directory information about all students that is deemed public and available to inquiries.
- student name
- major field of study
- participation in officially recognized activities and sports
- weight and height of members of athletic team participants
- dates of attendance
- grade level (e.g. undergraduate, graduate or non-degree seeking)
- student classification (e.g. FR, SO, JR, SR, PD, etc.)
- enrollment status (e.g. full-time or part-time)
- degrees, honors and awards and licenses received
- names of parents when associated with awards and officially recognized activities and sports events
- date of graduation
All other information that Records & Registration stores about students is confidential and can only be released with the written consent of the student.
Students who desire to hold directory information (as listed above) confidential should complete the Anonymity Request form and return it to the Records & Registration Office at the time they register. This request for anonymity will remain in effect until canceled in writing. Students should be aware that this might jeopardize their chance of employment since calls for directory information from prospective employers will be refused. For more information please see our campus policy Privacy of Education Records.
Accessing & Updating Your Records
- Requesting Transcripts
- Understanding Your Degree Audit
- Declaring a Major
- Address and Demographic Information – follow this link to update information in e-Services or complete the Student Personal Data Form.
- Current Class Schedule – log in to e-Services, click on courses and registration, then view/modify schedule.