It’s Not Just Possible, It’s A Promise.
The North Star Promise Scholarship program at Bemidji State University is making the dream of a college education a reality for those traditionally left out. The program covers your complete tuition after all other scholarships, grants, stipends and waivers have been applied. This means your academic experience at BSU is FREE, apart from room and board, textbooks and other non-tuition fees.
The North Star Promise at Bemidji State University represents the promise of a successful and rewarding future — a future you can now afford to pursue.
You must be a Minnesota resident with a family Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) below $80,000 and attending a Minnesota public higher education institution like Bemidji State University. Here are some other basic requirements:
Eligible students must:
- Be a Minnesota resident
- Have a family Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) as reported on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Minnesota Dream Act Application below $80,000.
- Attend a Minnesota public higher education institution or tribal college
- Not be in default on a state or federal student loan
- Be enrolled, taking at least one credit
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standards
- Have not already earned a baccalaureate degree
- Be enrolled in a program or course of study that applies to a degree, diploma or certificate
What Can I Study?
Study any of BSU’s 70 in-demand programs — both on-campus or online, full- or part-time.
How Do I Apply?
Fill out the Federal Application for Student Financial Aid (FAFSA) and include BSU’s Federal School Code (002336) on the application. We’ll do the work to find all the awards you qualify for so you pay as little as possible to reach your goals.
Get More Information
Contact us to get your North Star Promise questions answered, and we’ll also send you information on completing your FAFSA application.