How to Post Jobs

Posting student employment jobs are completed through Career Services. If you have an on-campus student job that you need to post, please contact Career Services at (218) 755-2038 or

*Please note this is only job postings. All other student employment items have not changed.

Employment Paperwork

A new hire student must complete new hire employment paperwork prior to starting. If a student has worked on campus before, they do not need to complete new hire employment paperwork.

If the student has work-study, the student should complete the work-study form. Supervisors should fill out the bottom portion of the form and bring it to the Student Employment Office.

If the student does not have work-study, the supervisor should complete a Regular Payroll Authorization form and send to Financial Aid for work-study eligibility review. After review, if the student does not qualify for work-study, the Regular Payroll form will be forwarded to the Student Employment office. If the student does qualify for work-study, further instructions will follow from Financial Aid.

Regular Payroll Authorization Form

Review the current forms to be completed.

  • Section A needs to be completed by the student.
  • Section B is to be completed by the supervisor.
  • If you are unsure of the process of a stipend, or if the student should be paid out via stipend, please contact the Student Employment Office.

Regular Payroll Authorizations should be sent to Financial Aid. These forms still need to be checked by FA for work-study eligibility before they can be processed: Box #14,

Approving Student E-time

Students should have submitted their e-timesheets no later than the Wednesday after pay period end. E-timesheets are to be approved by the supervisor no later than the Thursday following pay period end.

Stipends are not set up as e-timesheets and do not require bi-weekly supervisor approval.

  • Review student employee hour & day limits
  • Review student wage rates

Graduate Assistants

A Graduate Assistant cannot work both as a GA and regular student employee.

Employment Updates and Procedures

  • Ending Employment. If a student ends employment, please let the student employment office notice immediately via email. Include the last day worked.
  • Moving from Regular Payroll to Work-Study. If you are moving a student over from regular payroll to work-study or vice versa, we will need a new work authorization sent up. Please remember to make a note that the student is being moved from regular to work-study or vice versa, somewhere on the form.
  • Stipends. If a stipend is required to pay a student due to a special project, please note so on the regular payroll authorization before sending up.
  • New Work Authorization. If you are setting up a new work authorization due to expended funds on a previous work authorization, please note that on the new work authorization form. These types of work authorizations should not be back-dated, but should begin at the start of the current pay period.
  • Classification. Students cannot be both a student employee and state employee.
  • Payment. If a student does not set up direct deposit in e-services, a check will be mailed to their permanent address on file with the Records office.