Before registering make sure you understand and follow the steps in Preparing for Registration.
See below for information about the process to follow depending on your student classification.
- New on-campus students
- New distance learning students (off-campus students)
- Current students; on-campus and distance learning; undergraduate and graduate
- Former students
1. New On-Campus Students
New undergraduate on-campus students register for their initial term classes at an Academic Advising and Registration (AAR) program. The Admissions Office coordinates the AAR programs.
New on-campus international students register for their initial term classes through the International Program Center.
New graduate on-campus students should visit the Graduate Studies homepage for registration information.
2. New Distance Learning Students
New distance learning, or off-campus students, admitted through the Center for Extended Learning will be able to register for online courses using e-Services inside MyBSU. Work with your assigned academic advisor for proper course placement.
3. Current Students; On-Campus and Distance Learning; Undergraduate and Graduate
Current students register using e-Services, available through MyBSU. Dates and times to register for each term are assigned to each student based on total earned credits. Students should plan to meet with their advisor prior to their assigned registration time to determine course selection, degree completion progress, and to obtain a registration access code, if required. Registration access codes are required for all on-campus degree seeking students.
Distance learning, or off-campus students, are eligible to register for on-campus classes if their schedule permits. On-campus students wishing to take online classes may have the opportunity to register for specific ‘open’ online classes after the regular course registration window is completed (typically three weeks after the begin date for registration, see the Academic Calendar for the registration begin date). Some online classes are considered ‘high demand’ and are not available to on-campus students. In rare exceptions those on-campus students needing a ‘high demand’ online course may select the Online Course Request Form to seek approval to register for a ‘high demand’ online course.
4. Former Students
Former students (those who were previously at BSU and have taken a leave of absence) can register using e-Services provided they left the university in good standing and don’t have any registration holds. It is recommended that former students update their address and major/minor information through the Records & Registration Office upon re-entry. Students can also update address information in e-Services.
Registering for Classes
- Log in to MyBSU.
- Click “e-Services” on the left.
- Click “Courses & Registration” on the left.
- Click “Search for Courses.”
- Search for courses by subject area or course number.
- Click “Add” and the course will be added to your Wishlist.
- From the Wishlist (under “Review My Plan”) you can select the courses for which you want to register.
- Confirm your course registration with your e-Services password.
If you know the course identification numbers, follow these directions:
- Click “Quick Add” and enter the course ID’s of the classes you wish to take.
- Course ID’s can be found in the Class Schedule.
See Registration Holds and Errors for more information and help on problems with registering.
Securing Your Classes
After registering for classes, make sure to follow the requirements for Paying Your Bill to ensure that your classes won’t be dropped for non-payment.